Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My sister gave me this recipe which came out of Cooking Light.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken and Rice With Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat dutch oven and coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, onion, and red pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in artichokes and cook 1 minute until throughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Quite a nice filling meal . A little toward the bland side for our personal taste. May try adding some fresh tomato and possibly some chili to liven it up a bit.