Recipe by Vino Girl
I love artichokes and lemon together. I prefer long cooking rice over instant, but using it here speeds things up. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
Top Review by ChefRaylene
This was definitely a nice, light filling dish. I did add some minced garlic along with the ingredients. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, I usually have to have a sauce for almost everything, but I was pleasantly surprised!!! Thanks for posting. Raylene:)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a Dutch oven or large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in artichokes and cook for another minute until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.