1/2 Photos of Lemon Chicken and Rice With Artichokes
Vino Girl's Note:
I love artichokes and lemon together. I prefer long cooking rice over instant, but using it here speeds things up. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 1/4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1Coat a Dutch oven or large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper and saute 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in rice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and broth; bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 5Stir in artichokes and cook for another minute until thoroughly heated.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken and Rice With Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 414.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 35.0 g