Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious stir fry dish with a light lemon flavor.
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Cut 1/8" thin strips of lemon peel from 1/2 of one lemon. Set aside. Slice other half and reserve for garnish. Squeeze juice from second lemon.
- In a small bowl combine corn starch and sugar. Add 2 Tbs lemon juice,chicken broth, sherry and soy sauce. Blend well. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet or wok to medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until it ripples. Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until done. Remove from wok.
- Add mushrooms, onions and red pepper to pan and stir fry 1 minute. Add lemon juice mixture and stir fry 1 minute. Add chicken and lemon strips and stir fry 1 minute. Serve with hot cooked rice. Garnish with lemon slices.
Excellent recipe! Hands down this is a very tasty and delicious recipe. My family devoured it. I loved the part where we cut the lemon peel into strips and add towards the end, great idea. I will definately make this again. Thanks for sharing. 5 big stars.
I thought this was delicious! Very nice lemon flavor. I didn't use the mushrooms or green onions because I don't care for either of them that much. This was easy to prepare and your instructions were clear and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing this recipe!