Prep 15 hrs
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. It sounded so good I had to try it. I love it, it is a very refreshing cake with lemon tartness. Very easy to put together as you just mix it all in a saucepan. Hope you like it too! It is good with a fruit sauce on top like raspberry, blueberry or strawberry.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat over to 375 degrees 325 degrees for glass pan.
- grease bottom only of a 13X8 inch pan with butter or cooking spray. In a 3 quart saucepan melt butter over mediom heat. when butter is melted remove from heat and the remaining bar ingredients in the order listed, mixing well after each addition. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- While bars are cooling, in a small bowl mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool Completely. Cut bars into 8 rows by 6 rows.