Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is incredibly moist. Sweet and tart. Very lemony. This can be sprinkled with additional icing sugar when cool, if desired.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Grease and flour a 13" X 9" pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Beat together the dry cake mix, dry Jello powder, oil, and eggs.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately punch lots of holes all over the cake with a toothpick.
- Combine icing sugar and lemon juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Spoon all over the cake.
- Cool and cut into squares.
These were just a little too sweet for my personal preference. I halved the icing and still only used half of that. Next time I will skip the icing completely. I wish I could figure out a way to make these a little bit more cake-like...but still a brownie. Any suggestions? I will definately make these again...but I'm going to play with it a little bit. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks! UPDATE: I made these again today with a few variations...First I added about 2 Tbls. of flour and 2 Tbls. water to the mixture, and skipped the glaze altogher. They turned out PERFECT! I baked them the full 30 minutes...and they were just pure lemon bliss! Thanks again!
These are great and sooooo easy! My 11 yo daughter whipped these up herself and everyone loved them. Instead of using the glaze as listed, we decided to do something different because of the various comments. We took about 1/4 cup of confectioners' sugar mixed with some milk and lemon extract and made a fairly thick glaze; then drizzled over the top of the brownies. It was the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing this lemon-lovers dream! P.S. We used lemon-lime jello and it turned out great.