- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry, trimmed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin cups or tray with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add in sour cream, eggs and dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used 2 cups of strawberries and smashed them with a pastry blender. I was short 1/2 cup of all purpose flour so I substituted bread flour and it was fine. I also used the tip someone else suggested by adding sugar to the strawberries so I added one tablespoon to them and let them sit for 15 minutes. I baked them for 18 minutes and they were very moist and tasted wonderful right out of the oven and still warm.
I had some sour cream and strawberries I had to use and this recipe came up. I started making it before I realized that in the ingredients list there is no amount listed for sugar, I used 1/2 cup. In the instructions it doesn't say when to add the strawberries, I added them to the wet ingredients. I didn't use the cinnamon but I think it could use some vanilla. I got 12 muffins out of the batter. Baked for 20 minutes. I didn't find they had much flavor but maybe that's the way their supposed to taste. Very bland. I am giving this 3 stars because of incomplete ingredients and directions. I don't know how the other reviewer made hers and how much sugar she used,or when she added the strawberries, she didn't say. I tried to contact the Chef but she isn't accepting private messages. —