Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
from "mother rimmy's cooking light done right" - http://motherrimmy.com/wordpress/?p=6041
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, egg white, banana, sugar, oil, milk, and lemon zest.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into greased pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.