Recipe by Bonnie G #2
This came from another site and looks so pretty and pretty simple. Here's what Chef John had to say: "This recipe is more about the technique for making little puff pastry tart shells. Fill with lemon curd, chocolate mousse, or whipped cream"
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- 12 fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place frozen puff pastry sheet on a work surface dusted with flour.
- Allow to thaw for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a 1 1/2 to 2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out 12 round pieces.
- Place pastry rounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a slightly smaller round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out inner circles in each pastry round, leaving them in place.
- Brush each pastry round with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and puffed, 13 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Cut around the small inner circle of each pastry round and gently push it down.
- Fill each tartlet with lemon curd and top with a blackberry, or any fresh berry.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.