Creamy Tilapia With Puff Pastry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My kids never know what is going to come out of my kitchen when I am bored. This is something I whipped up tonight when I was bored. And my kids and husband loved it. made with what I had on hand
- Ready In:
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over high heat.
- Lightly brown the Fillets, 2 or 3 minutes per side. You want some of the fish to stick to the bottom. or cook and extra fillet and chop it up into the pan.
- Remove the fillets from the oil and place in the bottom of a 15 x baking dish.
- Drain the oil from the frying pan, Careful not to lose bits of fish left behind.
- Add the stock to deglaze the pan. Add spices into the frying pan and bring to boil.
- Mix Corn Starch in 1/4 cup water. Add to frying pan to thicken.
- Stir as sauce thicken. After 1 minute add Half and half.
- Cover the fish with the white sauce.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the sauce.
- Unfold both sheets of Pastry. lay one sheet over the dish.
- Cut the second sheet to cover the remaining of the dish over lap slightly.
- Cut the remaining pastry into interesting shapes and put them on top of the pasty in the dish.
- Bake until the crust is puffy, lightly brown and sauce is boiling.
- Serve with wild rice. about 30 to 45 minutes.
- You can add more fillets without increasing sauce. Could use up to 10 small fillets.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION