Recipe by pammyowl
In Norway this dish is served with parleyed baby potatoes and cold cucumber salad.
Top Review by breezermom
What a wonderfully easy recipe to make! I really wondered, reading the ingredients, if this would work. But it was super good! That being said, I don't care for frozen fish, so I used freshly caught amberjack fillets, about an inch and a quarter thick. Amberjack is a great-tasting dense white fish, similar to cod in color but a little tighter in texture. The taste was wonderful in this recipe...the only thing I didn't care for was that the flour coating turned a bit "slimey". Maybe turning the broiler on at the end would help with that. But I loved the wonderful lemon/butter juice that I could scoop out of the baking dish over the fish, and the broiler might dry that juice up. Regardless, I absolutely loved the flavor and my fish was just wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 1 lb.cod fillets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut cod into serving size pieces.
- Mix butter and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and white pepper.
- Dip cod in butter/lemon then roll in flour mixture.
- Place in unreleased 8 x 8" pan. Pour whats left of the butter mixture on top.Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 mn. or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh chopped parsley.