Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This tastes delicious and is very easy.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 7.39 ml grated lemons, zest of
- 3.69 ml dried basil or 3.69 ml oregano, crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 large chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking pan with foil.
- Melt butter over low heat and add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Mix breadcrumbs, lemon peel, basil (or oregano), salt and pepper on a plate.
- Turn chicken in butter mixture to coat, then turn in crumbs, coating completely.
- Arrange skin side up in prepared pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with leftover butter mixture, about 45 minutes.
This was a very good dish. I used skinless, boneless chicken breasts beause that was what I had on hand. Perhaps that's what caused me to not have enough 'juice' to baste occasionally, as stated in Ev's recipe. Nevertheless, it was really tasty and my picky eater daughter loved it, that alone merits an extra star! While cooking, my house was filled with the scent of lemon, garlic and basil. Thanks for a winner Evelyn!
loved this recipe. quick to prep and great tasting. i think it would be useful if i knew what to baste with as there was no excess liquid in my pan either. next time i will use left over butter mixture and see how that works.
Greeat chicken.Will make again