Mustard Basil Baked Chicken
A nice way to liven up chicken. Prep time does not include time to marinate.
- Ready In:
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 -2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in a glass 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients; pour over the chicken. Turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, turning chicken again at least once.
- Uncover and bake at 375 for about 30-35 minutes (depending on the sizes of your chicken pieces), or until juices run clear.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Marinated for 9 hours and made exactly as directed. When it pulled it out of the oven the buttermilk and yogart had separated and it did not look very yummy. However, upon eating, the chicken was SO tender and the basil taste was nice. My husband said that it was "excellent". As mine cooled I could taste more and more of the brown sugar/dijon combination that I din't think went together as well. I did go ahead and give it 4 stars since my husband raved.Reply