1/4 Photos of Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce
1 hr 28 mins
1 hr 18 mins
Kelly M.'s Note:
This lamb is fabulous! Dont let the amount of garlic scare you away...it cooks up very nicely. I made this lamb last week and roasted perfectly, it was absolutely fantastic. I adapted this recipe slightly from a cookbook called "Mediterranean, The Beautiful Cookbook". Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Make shallow slits all over lamb and insert garlic slivers into slits.
- 3Rub lamb with oil and rub with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- 4Place lamb in roasting pan on a rack.
- 5Roast lamb for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until temperature reaches 140 degrees when thermometer is inserted for medium rare, or longer if you like it more well done.
- 6You may want to check it early to ensure not to overcook.
- 7Remember lamb will continue to cook while it rests.
- 8While the lamb is roasting, combine the whole garlic cloves, 1/2 cup wine and 1/2 cup broth over medium high heat.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until garlic cloves are very soft when tested with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 11When the lamb is done, remove to a platter and tent with foil.
- 12Add the garlic puree to the juices in the roasting pan and heat on the stove top.
- 13(If using a pan that is not stove top safe, combine the juices and the garlic puree in a small saucepan to heat).
- 14Add additional broth if needed to thin to your liking.
- 15Adjust the seasonings at this point if needed.
- 16Carve the lamb and serve with garlic sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb