Planet Hollywood Thai Shrimp Pasta
photo by A Good Thing
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot and spicy oil (chili oil can be used)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chinese mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup julienne-cut vegetables (celery, carrots,bell pepper and or or onion)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts (divided)
- 10 ounces linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (to garnish)
- Mix first 16 ingredients well. Set this sauce aside. (This can be refrigerated for 3-4 days).
- Place butter and garlic in a heated sauté pan. Cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Add additional butter if pan becomes too dry.
- Add cut vegetables, half of the cilantro and half of the peanuts. Add 1/2 c Thai sauce (or more to taste) and mix.
- Add shrimp/vegetable mixture to pasta, tossing well to coat.
- Garnish with green onion and remaining peanuts and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic recipe. Made mine extra spicy and even a guest who doesn't like too much spice loved this dish. I had everything needed at hand so it worked perfectly. I also added lots of veggies. Next time I will use an asian noodle and calamansi juice instead of lemon. The sauce is awesome. The left-overs will be my breakfast.
Wordeful recipe, I really enjoyed it! Its also a very easy one, just mix the sauce, boil the pasta and a fast cooking! I added broccoli, mushroom, onion, carrot, zucchini and of course some shrimp. I skipped the chili cause I wasn't in the mood for a spicy dinner!!!<br/>I will make this again for sure.<br/>Thanks for sharing!
Love this spicy sauce! Really fast to make, too. I mixed up the sauce ingredients while the pasta water came to a boil. Very few dirty dishes-only a small bowl and a couple of measuring spoons for the sauce. I used 8 ounces of thin spaghetti and about half the sauce covered it nicely. Skipped the shrimp but cooked the sauce for a couple of minutes while the pasta drained (used the same pan, already hot from the pasta). Tossed with the cilantro and pasta for a wonderful lunch. I will make this many more times for sure!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired autoworker as is my husband. We have 2 wonderful grandchildren. I just bought my first computer in June 2004 so I'm still learning how to get around the internet. I really enjoy Recipezaar. I have a husband who doesn't mind my experimenting when it comes to cooking. He is game for any new r recipe. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">