1/4 Photos of Leftover Turkey or Chicken Chili
This is a white chili, using leftover cooked turkey or chicken, with a nice spicy kick. This is strickly a white chili, no tomatoes, red beans, or chili powder of any kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast or 2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini, chickpea, great northern, etc)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- 3Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- 4Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Mix in the chicken broth, turkey or chicken and white beans.
- 6Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove the mixture from heat; slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Turkey or Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 845.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked turkey breast