This is a white chili, using leftover cooked turkey or chicken, with a nice spicy kick. This is strickly a white chili, no tomatoes, red beans, or chili powder of any kind.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast or 2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini, chickpea, great northern, etc)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, turkey or chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat; slowly stir in the cheese until melted.