I created this recipe about 3 years ago. Of course it will never be the same each time it's made. It all depends on the the combination of fruits used. It was a hit! Servings and yields are approximate.
- Combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to make 3 1/4 cups crushed berries.
- Measure exact amount of prepared fruit along with lemon juice into large saucepan.
- Measure exact amount of sugar into separate bowl.
- Gradually stir in 1 box of pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly.
- Set aside 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to dissolve pectin thoroughly.
- Pour 1 cup corn syrup into fruit mixture.
- Mix well. This prevents sugar crystallization during freezer storage.
- Stir in sugar gradually.
- Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy. **Candace tip - Place large saucepan over low heat. The jam isn't meant to be cooked - the heat just helps with the sugar dissolving.**.
- Pour into prepared freezer containers leaving 1/2 inch headspace at top for expansion during freezing.
- Put in freezer or refrigerator.