1/5 Photos of Leftover Roast Beef Stew
1 hr 15 mins
It only takes about an hour to change leftover roast beef or leftover steak into a new dish. This recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen blog: http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2005/11/leftover-roast-beef-italian-stew.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79-283.49 g leftover roast beef or 226.79-283.49 g steak
- 473.18 ml beef stock (or 1 can beef broth)
- 236.59 ml roasted tomatoes or 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml dried basil
- 236.59 ml mushroom, cut in large chunks
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1Cut onion and green pepper into 3/4 inch pieces, and roast beef and mushrooms into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2In heavy dutch oven, sauté onions in olive oil for 3 minutes, add green pepper and sauté 3 minutes more.
- 3Add beef, stock, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and mushrooms, reduce heat to very low, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper if desired.
- 5Add fresh basil when stew has cook to desired consistency and cook 5-10 minutes more.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Roast Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 964.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g