Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had some leftover barbecued pork taking up room in the freezer, so I combined it with some other ingredients and came up with this casserole. It was so delicious I just had to share! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (your favorite flavor)
- 2 cups shredded barbecued pork
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 6 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded (or colby jack)
- 40 frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine beans, pork and jalapeno in an 8"x8" casserole dish.
- Layer shredded cheese on top of bean mixture.
- Layer tater tots on top of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
This is a great and fun way to make a casserole out of leftovers!!! Both of my kids(now 22 and 26 yo) would love this for dinner. During PAC I made potato salad and burgers from my PAC babies and then decided to make some homemade baked beans to serve with them. Then later that week I made a pork roast with mashed taters/gravy, which I had one slice of the pork leftover in the fridge. So when looking for a recipe to make as a, "Thank You to my wonderful PAC Mommy", when I came across this recipe is was the perfect choice!!! Thanks for being such a great PAC Mommy and for coming up with such a great tasting casserole!! I made a scaled back version (to serve one person) and didn't add the cheese until I took the cover off and put it back in the oven, yummy!!!
I've never reviewed a recipe before, but was so pleasantly surprised
i had to. I was a bit skeptical about this recipe, but it turned out really good. A very easy, tasty meal.
This was a kid friendly way to use up our leftovers.