Recipe by daisygrl64
I searched the internet for a recipe to use up some left over mashed potatoes. This is what I found and made. It's simple, easy, and a great way to use up left over mashed potatoes. This is one recipe that I always come to when I have leftover mashed potatoes. I once made these and I wasn't serving them right away, so I let them cool down then I froze them. A few weeks later I removed them from the freezer let them defrost and they were just as good. I have even added leftover chicken pieces and leftover meatloaf to this and it was yummy.
Top Review by Tia R.
Great recipe! I overestimated the amount of potatoes to make yesterday and had enough to make four batches! Whole family loved them, after the first batch I added some garlic and bacon to the recipe and everyone is still raving! Definitely keeping and sharing this one.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (left over)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons shortening or 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg.
- Mix the beaten egg with the mashed potatoes.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- The batter should be very thick.
- Melt the shortening or heat the oil in a skillet.
- Spoon batter into the skillet to form 3" to 3-1/2" inch wide pancakes, about 1/2" thick.
- Brown on one side, over medium heat. Turn and brown on the other side.
- Serve with ketchup.
- These are great cold and served the next day.