Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple recipe from the MEAT cookbook -- a great side to a roast.
- 4 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 savoy cabbage, roughly shredded or 1 winter greens, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sweat the leeks for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, steam the greens over boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- If you prefer, you can also lightly saute them in the frying pan.
- Combine the leeks and the greens and season.
- The leeks should be soft and the greens still fairly crunchy.