Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this on my own. I was inspired by a couple different leek recipes on. My touch is the rosemary, wine and bacon. Turned out delicious and thought I'd share. Delicious side dish.
- 1 bunch leek, carefully cleaned and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced and thinly sliced into circles
- 1 slice bacon, fried, crumpled and set aside
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Using bacon drippings, sauté leeks, carrots and rosemary until leeks are opaque. About 15 minute.
- Deglaze pan with half of the wine and simmer until reduced and cooked into the leeks(about 10 minutes).
- Add the cream and simmer, covered, until leeks and carrots are tender.
- Add the remaining wine and bacon that had been set aside and simmer until reduced to desired consistency and tenderness.
- This takes me about 20 minutes as we like our leeks really tender, but the carrots turn out al-dente.
- **NOTE: If you prefer carrots that are softer, then parboil them prior to sautéing.
- The timing is an estimate as I really wasn't planning on posting this, but after we ate it I figured it deserved a place on here :-). ENJOY!
Very good recipe with nice flavours. I don't usually have whipping cream on hand so I substituted yogurt. It seperated abit but the flavour was still great. I found the bacon salty enough so I didn't add any extra salt and it was perfect for us.