L. Duch's Note:
I came up with this on my own. I was inspired by a couple different leek recipes on. My touch is the rosemary, wine and bacon. Turned out delicious and thought I'd share. Delicious side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch leek, carefully cleaned and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced and thinly sliced into circles
- 1 slice bacon, fried, crumpled and set aside
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Using bacon drippings, sauté leeks, carrots and rosemary until leeks are opaque. About 15 minute.
- 2Deglaze pan with half of the wine and simmer until reduced and cooked into the leeks(about 10 minutes).
- 3Add the cream and simmer, covered, until leeks and carrots are tender.
- 4Add the remaining wine and bacon that had been set aside and simmer until reduced to desired consistency and tenderness.
- 5This takes me about 20 minutes as we like our leeks really tender, but the carrots turn out al-dente.
- 6**NOTE: If you prefer carrots that are softer, then parboil them prior to sautéing.
- 7The timing is an estimate as I really wasn't planning on posting this, but after we ate it I figured it deserved a place on here :-). ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leeks and Carrots in Chardonnay Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: