Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and elegant. It was contributed to Taste of Home magazine by reader Marie Hattrup of The Dalles, Oregon.
- 6 medium leeks, thinly sliced (white portion only)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons butter, softened
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 slices French bread
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot, saute the leeks, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the flour until blended.
- Gradually add the broth and cream while whisking.
- Bring to a boil and whisk for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Lightly toast bread.
- Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoons butter.
- Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Ladle soup into six 8oz. bowls.
- Float two toasts in each bowl.