I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and elegant. It was contributed to Taste of Home magazine by reader Marie Hattrup of The Dalles, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium leeks, thinly sliced (white portion only)
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons butter, softened
- 7 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 slices French bread
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1In a Dutch oven or stockpot, saute the leeks, mushrooms, garlic, tarragon and pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2Stir in the flour until blended.
- 3Gradually add the broth and cream while whisking.
- 4Bring to a boil and whisk for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- 5Lightly toast bread.
- 6Spread one side of each slice with 1/2 teaspoons butter.
- 7Place Brie on buttered side of toasts.
- 8Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 9Ladle soup into six 8oz. bowls.
- 10Float two toasts in each bowl.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Soup With Brie Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.0
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 1607.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g