1/3 Photos of Leek Risotto
Lyndsay Knox's Note:
Creamy italian rice dish that is served as a main course. This is a reduced fat version. I have reduced the amount of oil and cheese used, but you can also sprinkle parmesan over the top once it's served. We make this at least one a week. It's wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the stock or broth into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 2Keep liquid hot.
- 3In a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, heat oil.
- 4Add the leeks and saute about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the rice and stir until white spots appear in the center of the grains, about 1 minute.
- 6(It is very important to use Arborio rice!) Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add one ladleful of the hot stock or broth, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 8Continue adding the stock or broth, one ladleful at a time and stirring constantly, until the rice is just tender but slightly firm in the center and the mixture is creamy, 20-25 minutes longer.
- 9Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Stir to mix well.
- 11Serve at once.
- 12Makes 8 cups.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 357.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g