1 hr 10 mins
This recipe travels well! Bake it first reheat in a moderate oven. It can be stored in the fridge for up to two days. I like to put "Baker's helper " sheet (layered aluminum sheet to prevent burning) under the pie plate. When you put in the layers of potatoes take your time and do it artistically so the top layer looks attractive with the swirl of potatoes. This is very attractive and I love the combination of Leeks with the two types of potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have oven rack on lowest level, preheat to 450°F.
- 2Lightly oil a 9" deep pie plate, line it on the bottom with parchment and lightly oil the parchment.
- 3Heat the tbsp of oil in a skillet and saute the leeks and thyme for approx 5 minutes, watch they don't scorch, if necessary add a tbsp or two of water, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Arrange half of the sweet potatoes in the pie plate, have them slightly overlapping going around the plate ending up in the center of the pie plate--one layer but overlapped.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1/3 of the leek mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- 6Layer half of the potatoes in the same manner as the sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Cover with 1/3 leeks repeat with another final layer of potatoes. Cover with remaining leeks. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add final layer of sweet potatoes.
- 9Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 10To serve run a knife around the edge to loosen, invert onto a plate, remove parchment paper, slice in wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Potato & Sweet Potato Torte
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g