Recipe by Wendy-Bob
This is such a quick and easy recipe. I often make it for my lunch and (instead of serving it up nice and round) serve it more as a hash - so it fits in my tupperware box! I make this with 2-3 eggs because I serve it more as a hash, but for a full-on frittata you could use as many as 4. If you prefer to have this as a hash then you don't need to bother grilling/broiling it - just mix everything up well and keep everything moving in the pan so it all cooks through properly.
- 1 large potato
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your grill/broiler.
- Dice the potato and par-boil for approx 5 minutes.
- While the potato is cooking, chop the leek and onion.
- Put the leek, onion and par-boiled potato into a frying pan with 1 cal spray (or olive oil if you're not dieting!) and soften everything up for another 5 mins or so.
- Throw the spinach on top of everything in the pan and press down well so that it starts to wilt.
- Pour over the eggs and top with the cheese and paprika. Season well and cook for another 5 minutes or so on a low heat.
- To cook the top through properly, place the pan under the grill for the last 5 minutes to melt the cheese and finish everything off nicely.