Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is such a quick and easy recipe. I often make it for my lunch and (instead of serving it up nice and round) serve it more as a hash - so it fits in my tupperware box! I make this with 2-3 eggs because I serve it more as a hash, but for a full-on frittata you could use as many as 4. If you prefer to have this as a hash then you don't need to bother grilling/broiling it - just mix everything up well and keep everything moving in the pan so it all cooks through properly.
- Pre-heat your grill/broiler.
- Dice the potato and par-boil for approx 5 minutes.
- While the potato is cooking, chop the leek and onion.
- Put the leek, onion and par-boiled potato into a frying pan with 1 cal spray (or olive oil if you're not dieting!) and soften everything up for another 5 mins or so.
- Throw the spinach on top of everything in the pan and press down well so that it starts to wilt.
- Pour over the eggs and top with the cheese and paprika. Season well and cook for another 5 minutes or so on a low heat.
- To cook the top through properly, place the pan under the grill for the last 5 minutes to melt the cheese and finish everything off nicely.
I always have these ingredients on hands, plus herbs...easy busy day dinner, thanks Wendy-Bob
Delicious. But how could it miss with all those good ingredients? I used three eggs and did not peel my potatoes. I also made it as suggested, broiling it for a couple of minutes.I will make this again with my own tweaks; peppers, a little tomato, etc. Thanks Wendy-Bob.