Pumpkin & Spinach Frittata
photo by annmcleod1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g baby spinach leaves, chopped roughly
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 400 g natural yoghurt
- 50 g matured cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F) and grease a small baking dish with a little bit of oil.
- Place pumpkin in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, soy sauce & toss to coat.
- Tip onto a baking tray & roast for 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add leek & cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic and spinach leaves and cook until spinach has wilted, then season with pepper, to taste.
- Whisk eggs, yoghurt and cheese together lightly in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin and spinach mixture & gently stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish & bake for 20 minutes, or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My fiance & I have lived in Melbourne all our lives and we love it, it's so diverse & exciting. We went on a world trip in '04-'05 including the US, UK, France, Italy, Malta, Germany, The Netherlands, Egypt, India & Japan. It was awesome, but great to get home & relax too. :) The link on this page will take you to my YouTube channel which has slide-show videos of my pics, featuring some amazing street art around Melbourne. I think it's rude to leave 1 star ratings! To me it's like eating someones cooking then saying "ERGH!" to their face!! :D So we don't give 1 star ratings. If we really don't like something, then it's no stars & a description of why it didn't live up to our expectations, or we may just remove the recipe from our cookbook & leave it at that. We like cross-promoting recipes in our reviews, to share combinations that work, recipes that inspire & methods people may not have thought of. We can't help but put something of ourselves into each recipe we try <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">