Recipe by Sherrie-pie
I should make this more often. I like it,and it uses yogurt which I make myself, often having a surplus. It comes from Healthy Living. I often use commercial breadcrumbs, for speed. If, like me, you find washing leeks a chore, slice them down the length of the leek through to the centre, then slice them again into rings. Shove them into a sink full of water and swish. The rings seperate into strips, making sure all the soil is easily removed.
- 450 g leeks, washed and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 450 g broccoli florets
- 50 g margarine
- 50 g fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 300 g plain low-fat yogurt
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- paprika, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cook the leeks anc broccoli seperately in a little boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain well. Arrange the broccoli and leeks in an ovenproof dish.
- Melt 40 g of the margarine in a frying pan over a moderte heat. Add the breadcrumbs and fry until golden. Stir in the yoghurt, season to taste. Mix in half the cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and dot with the margarine. Cook in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, then brown under a hot grill if wished. Serve immediately, sprinkled with paprika.