Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe for lightened up bean and cheese enchiladas from hungrygirl.com. Plan to try soon.
- 2 large corn tortillas (like Mission Super Size)
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 2⁄3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions over medium heat until they begin to brown (about 2 minutes).
- In a small dish, combine the onions with the refried beans, taco sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave until slightly warm.
- Lay the tortillas on a clean, dry surface, and then spread about 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce onto each one.
- Place one half of the cheese slice on each tortilla.
- Then, evenly distribute the bean mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap the tortillas up tightly, and place them in the baking dish seam side down.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (until the enchiladas are hot).
- Remove dish from the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the enchiladas, and then return it to the oven for about 5 minutes (until the cheese is nice and melty).
- Top with additional fat free sour cream, salsa or chopped green onions, if desired.