Recipe by kjnanny
This salad goes quickly at picnics and potlucks. We have it at almost every holiday. With the mix of leafy veggies it is colorful and healthy.
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- i use a small can of drained mandarin oranges to the dressing. also great are using nuts such as almonds (real) or walnuts. we also like bacon bits (real)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and tear up lettuce into bite size and put in large bowl.
- Wash and chop into bite size, both red and green cabbage and add to lettuce.
- Wash and tear spinach into bite size chunks and add to lettuce, cabbage mixture.
- Toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix in a bowl mayo and honey.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When ready add dressing to salad and serve.