Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fast, tasty and feeds a crowd.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked, and, drained
- 3 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) candrained sliced black olives, optional
- In a Huge skillet or Dutch oven cook sausage, beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat and cook until meat is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Remove from heat and stir in noodles.
- Grease two 13x9x2 inch baking dishes.
- Quickly stir in cubed mozzarella and divide lasagne between the two dishes evenly.
- Top with shredded cheddar and olives, if using.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- You want the top lightly browned and bubbly.
I made this Lasagna for a potluck family reunion a few days ago, and it turned out to be the biggest hit of all. Excellent quick lasagna!
This is a wonderful fast way to make lasagna and tastes so good! Did not change a thing and it was just wonderful!!! Thanks DiB's ; )