Recipe by Sage
Fall Comfort Food
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I used coleslaw mix and leftover cooked rice. Followed the recipe, skipping the salt (plenty in the can of tomato soup), and adding 1/2 teaspoon marjoram (Mom's secret ingredient). Came out as good as Mom's (Boy, I miss that lady!) Thanks for posting Sage. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 1 egg white
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cabbage in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beef broth.
- Make meatballs with meat,salt,pepper,onion, worcestershire sauce and rice and egg white.
- Place on top of cabbage trying not to let them touch each other.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over meatballs (porcupines).
- Cover and cook on Low for approximately 6 hours.