Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Fall Comfort Food
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 1 egg white
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Put cabbage in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beef broth.
- Make meatballs with meat,salt,pepper,onion, worcestershire sauce and rice and egg white.
- Place on top of cabbage trying not to let them touch each other.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over meatballs (porcupines).
- Cover and cook on Low for approximately 6 hours.
I used coleslaw mix and leftover cooked rice. Followed the recipe, skipping the salt (plenty in the can of tomato soup), and adding 1/2 teaspoon marjoram (Mom's secret ingredient). Came out as good as Mom's (Boy, I miss that lady!) Thanks for posting Sage. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This is a great lazy recipe. We loved it. instead of chopping cabbage, I used leftover cabbage slaw mix that came in a bag. It worked perfectly. I also didn't use the water. I use beef broth instead and I'm not sure I used a full cup b/c I was afraid the sauce would be too thin. It did tighten up toward the end of cooking. I'll be making this again. Thanks!
this was greeeat! I do have to admit that I didn't use the recipie exact though. We are remodeling, so I have limited ingredints to work with. I used ground venison, that was already seasoned and one whole egg. I also just used the last of the ketchup and rinsed out the bottle, and put the water in the pot too. This was simple and I think tasted better then the rolled version. Thanks for a great simple crockpot recipie that doesn't taste like the others.