Prep 15 mins
Cook 1080 hrs
Get all the taste of golabki without all the work! The store-bought coleslaw mix without the seasoning can substitute for the cabbage. I always have cooked ground beef in my freezer for quick additions to recipes like this one. If you're feeling really lazy, add uncooked rice to the cabbage and add more water if necessary.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked crumbled ground beef or 1⁄2 lb pork or 1⁄2 lb turkey
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced into rings
- stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- Combine water, cabbage, onion and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef until done and drain off fat.
- Add cooked beef and seasonings to cabbage mixture.
- Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- With slotted spoon, serve cabbage mixture over prepared rice.