1080 hrs 15 mins
Get all the taste of golabki without all the work! The store-bought coleslaw mix without the seasoning can substitute for the cabbage. I always have cooked ground beef in my freezer for quick additions to recipes like this one. If you're feeling really lazy, add uncooked rice to the cabbage and add more water if necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, cabbage, onion and tomatoes.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook ground beef until done and drain off fat.
- 5Add cooked beef and seasonings to cabbage mixture.
- 6Simmer another 15 minutes.
- 7Cook rice according to directions.
- 8With slotted spoon, serve cabbage mixture over prepared rice.
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Golabki
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice