Easy crockpot recipe with all the great flavors of Polish golumpkis.
Make and share this Lazy Cook's Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped (or more-I use the whole head of cabbage)
- 1 cup instant rice (I use brown)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I sub more tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook beef and onion until done, drain.
- Add to remaining ingredients in crockpot. Cook over low 4-8 hours.
- I make the day before (refrigerating) and when leaving for work turn on the following morning.
I was glad to see a recipe similar to what I make to give to a friend because I, like my gram, never measured anything! I quarter a whole cabbage and precook it till 1/2 done then put the filling ontop of it. I don't use vinegar or ketchup instead I use a can of undiluted tomato soup& I drain a can of sauerkraut and lay it over the top of everything before cooking. I add more cut up canned tomatoes and tomato juice because I like alot of tomatoes.,my preferance.
I used a whole head of cabbage. And 1 lb of lean ground beef. I used only tomato sauce even instead of ketchup. I used 2 tomatoes, diced. Then after 4-5 hours, I added tomato juice, near 1 cup maybe. This is so yummy :) Thanks Vicki :) Made for Holiday tag
Very good and easy recipe. I used ground turkey instead of ground hamburger and I added carrots. Wasn't as good as my Polish girlfriend's traditional golumbkis though.