Recipe by Manda
This is a lovely appetizer that is always well-recieved by guests. I like to make it at least an hour ahead of time and refrigerate until serving. I have had many requests for this recipe, and nobody can believe how simple it is, as it looks so elegant when served. I serve with "Wheat Thins" crackers.
Top Review by Sam's Mom
Made this dip for Thanksgiving and everyone enjoyed it. Did add a 2nd jar of artichokes to recipe to make more dip for the amount of people. Layered it in the bowl (and was nervous) and it popped out perfect. So go for it! The only thing I will change the next time, and this is just personal taste, is to cut ranch dressing mix in half. I loved the artichoke, pepper and garlic mixture and want that to stand out a little more. Oh! and you may want to pack yourself a Tic Tac if taking this to a party!!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sliced black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cream cheese and salad dressing mix together.
- In separate bowl, stir together artichokes, peppers, salt and black pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- In a 3-cup bowl lined with plastic wrap, alternate layers of cheese and vegetables, beginning and ending with cheese layer.
- Invert onto plate; remove plastic wrap.
- You may garnish the top with additional parsley or with sliced black olives, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or fresh veggie dippers.