Recipe by Lainey39
A little fresh basil in the dressing brings this make-ahead salad up-to-date. Substitute torn romaine lettuce for the spinach, if you like. For a dramatic presentation, serve this salad in a clear glass bowl. The salad must refrigerate for 5 hours, which is included in preparation time. This recipe is by Kraft.
Top Review by DuChick
Oh, this is so good! I lightened the calories and fat content by using 2% cheese, FF mayo and FF sour cream. I subbed the red onion (ran out) with green onions and also added a tsp. of Splenda to the dressing mix. It seemed like it needed a bit of sweetness. Beautiful presentation in a glass bowl and so easy to throw together! Thanks Lainey! Be sure to let this sit to allow the flavors to mingle! MERP'd for Photo Tag.
- 946.36 ml torn spinach
- 354.88 ml shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 283.49 g package frozen green peas, thawed, drained
- 118.29 ml kraft mayo mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 4 slice bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer spinach, 1 cup of the cheese, the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peas in 3-qt.serving bowl.
- Mix mayo, sour cream and basil.
- Spread over salad, completely covering top of salad (gently spread the mayonnaise mixture over the entire salad, sealing to the edges to lock in the taste).
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bacon just before serving.