Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This always goes over very well when I've taken this to pot-lucks. I use low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream, so it makes a healthy, and flavorful dish. In a clear straight-sided bowl, this makes a nice colorful presentation.
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- Toss with oil and sprinkle with cumin; salt to taste.
- Layer pasta, beans, corn, bell pepper, green onion and olives in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart straight sided bowl.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, sour cream and salsa; mix well. Spread evenly over top of pasta, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- (Best if refrigerated several hours, or overnight before serving.).