Recipe by ellie_
A while ago there was a discussion of these types of sandwiches cooked in a bundt pan and I thought this one looked interesting and would be great for a get together - serve warm or at room temperature. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces turkey, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Butter bundt pan and then sprinkle sides and bottom of pan with sesame seeds.
- Roll two sheets of pastry into a 16 x 14- inch rectangle.
- In the first rectangle, make a 3-inch cross shaped cut in the center. Place the cross cut over the center tube of the pan and very gently fit the pastry over the bottom and up the sides of the pan, pulling the cross cut up about half-way up the tube.
- Layer one cup of cheese and half of the ham, turkey, onion and red peppers over the dough. Repeat layer; topping with the remaining cheese (1 cup).
- In the second rectangle of pastry cut a 3-inch cross cut in the center of the dough (as done in the first rectangle) and place center (cross cut) over the center of the tube pan, pinching the edges of the pastry sheets together to seal in the filling. Brush top with melted butter.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes and then invert onto serving plate.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature, cutting into wedges to serve.