Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
This is a fancy salad from Emeril Lagasse. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good.
- 1 bunch watercress, well rinsed and dried, stems removed
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1⁄2 cup ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup hearts of palm, diced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, diced
- 1⁄2 cup lump crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Place two ring molds, about 3 to 4 inches each, in the center to two salad plates.
- Arrange watercress around the molds.
- For dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and salt. Slowly add the olive oil constantly, until emulsified. Add the shallots parsley and thyme until well incorporated.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and 1 teaspoon of the chives.
- Using a spoon, divide the tomatoes between the ring molds.
- Repeat the process with the cucumber, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, and crabmeat, packing each layer with a spoon.
- Carefully remove the molds and drizzle dressing over the watercress.