Recipe by Ben Ross
This is a fantastic salad which is slightly similar to a caesar salad but with more ingredients for greater taste.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
I'm assuming you mean 1/2 head of lettuce. I used iceberg as this classic salad calls for. I didn't think 2/3 cup of mayo was quite enough. I used light and increased it to 3/4. I also sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top to give the dressing a nice flavor. There are many versions to this salad and yours is a good one.
- 1⁄2 lettuce
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bacon
- 150 g frozen peas, thawed out
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 carrot
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise type salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange lettuce at the bottom of the bowl (Preferably a deep dish).
- Sprinkle cooked bacon pieces.
- Cut and slice all of the vegetables except the carrots.
- It's best to grate them.
- Place all the vegetables on top of the bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine salad dressing and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Spread over the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Before you serve toss the salad and add the croutons.