Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just a PRETTY salad. I like to serve this in a glass bowl so you can see the layers. Now obviously you can just toss it all together, but for a dinner party or pot luck dinner, this is just really nice. Simple ingredients and it goes together in just minutes. Now I use my basic vinaigrette which you will have a little left over, or if you want just use a good store bought dressing. My secret for this salad is to add a little honey to the dressing that goes really well with the pears and the cranberries. You could always add a little honey to a store bought dressing to achieve the same taste.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (torn or cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 pears, cut into bite size pieces (I like to use Bosc, Anju, but Asian would work, just use a combination of your favorites)
- 354.88 ml dried cranberries (rough chopped)
- 354.88 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinaigrette
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml honey
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- Layers -- First layer, lettuce. Second layer, pears. Third layer, cranberries. Fourth layer, feta. Fifth layer, walnuts. Repeat.
- Garnish -- If you want you can garnish with a few thin slices of pears on top.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and enjoy!