Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just a PRETTY salad. I like to serve this in a glass bowl so you can see the layers. Now obviously you can just toss it all together, but for a dinner party or pot luck dinner, this is just really nice. Simple ingredients and it goes together in just minutes. Now I use my basic vinaigrette which you will have a little left over, or if you want just use a good store bought dressing. My secret for this salad is to add a little honey to the dressing that goes really well with the pears and the cranberries. You could always add a little honey to a store bought dressing to achieve the same taste.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce (torn or cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 pears, cut into bite size pieces (I like to use Bosc, Anju, but Asian would work, just use a combination of your favorites)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries (rough chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Layers -- First layer, lettuce. Second layer, pears. Third layer, cranberries. Fourth layer, feta. Fifth layer, walnuts. Repeat.
- Garnish -- If you want you can garnish with a few thin slices of pears on top.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and enjoy!