Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. She notes that it also is known as Green Pea Salad and that she received the recipe in 1984. Rachel suggests using red onions and crumbled feta and/or Parmesan cheeses. Time to prepare includes refrigeration time.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 carrots, grated
- 1 -2 cup Miracle Whip (r)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Spread lettuce pieces in the bottom of a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Layer remaining ingredients over lettuce in order listed above. (Spoon salad dressing in blobs and spread it as best you can.).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or longer.