Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious brunch or luncheon dish!
Make and share this Layered Frittata With Spinach, Tomatoes, and Nicoise Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated provolone cheese (aged)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- finely chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In deep, 10" non-stick, ovenproof skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, salt and pepper; cook 10-12 minutes. Stir in olives; transfer to small bowl. Add spinach, salt and pepper to pan; cook 2-4 minutes. Transfer to separate bowl. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Spread tomatoes across pan bottom. Pour one third of eggs on top, cook 1-2 minutes. Top with spinach and cheeses. Pour half of remaining eggs over cheeses; cook 2-3 minutes. Spread onion mixture on top. Pour remaining eggs over onion mixture; cook 2-3 minutes, using rubber spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 10-15 minutes on until eggs are set and top is browned. Garnish with parsley and serve.