Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious brunch or luncheon dish!
Make and share this Layered Frittata With Spinach, Tomatoes, and Nicoise Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated provolone cheese (aged)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- finely chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In deep, 10" non-stick, ovenproof skillet, over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, salt and pepper; cook 10-12 minutes. Stir in olives; transfer to small bowl. Add spinach, salt and pepper to pan; cook 2-4 minutes. Transfer to separate bowl. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Spread tomatoes across pan bottom. Pour one third of eggs on top, cook 1-2 minutes. Top with spinach and cheeses. Pour half of remaining eggs over cheeses; cook 2-3 minutes. Spread onion mixture on top. Pour remaining eggs over onion mixture; cook 2-3 minutes, using rubber spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 10-15 minutes on until eggs are set and top is browned. Garnish with parsley and serve.