Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is from my +20 year old church cookbook. We like to make this for family gatherings. It's a nice little sweet dessert when you only have a little room left in your stomach but still want something sweet to top off the meal. (cooking time = chilling time)
- 4 (3 ounce) packagesjell-o fruit flavored gelatin (different flavors)
- 6 (1/4 ounce) envelopesknox plain gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups water, boiled
- Melt each box of fruit gelatin with 1 packet of plain gelatin and 1 cup of hot water in 4 separate bowls.
- Melt 2 packets of plain gelatin with 1 cup hot water.
- Mix 1 cup hot water with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix the plain gelatin from step 2 with the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Divide the milk mixture in 3 equal parts.
- Use a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- It takes about 15 minutes for each layer to harden.
- 1st layer= Jell-O, 2nd layer= Milk mixture, 3rd layer= Jell-O, 4th layer= Milk mixture, 5th layer= Jell-O, 6th layer= Milk mixture, 7th layer= Jell-O.
- Cut into smallish rectangles (it's finger food).
1/4 oz = 1.5 teaspoon or 7mlls This has been a real party winner. Easy to make and yummy!!
Thank you so much. I lost this receipe a few years ago and my 25 yr old son was heartbroken. This is the only thing he would ask me to make at Christmas. He was excited to see them on the table this year. Thank you so much for bringing the smile back to his face.