Recipe by Chicagopm
This recipe is from my +20 year old church cookbook. We like to make this for family gatherings. It's a nice little sweet dessert when you only have a little room left in your stomach but still want something sweet to top off the meal. (cooking time = chilling time)
- 4 (3 ounce) packagesjell-o fruit flavored gelatin (different flavors)
- 6 (1/4 ounce) envelopesknox plain gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups water, boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt each box of fruit gelatin with 1 packet of plain gelatin and 1 cup of hot water in 4 separate bowls.
- Melt 2 packets of plain gelatin with 1 cup hot water.
- Mix 1 cup hot water with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix the plain gelatin from step 2 with the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Divide the milk mixture in 3 equal parts.
- Use a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- It takes about 15 minutes for each layer to harden.
- 1st layer= Jell-O, 2nd layer= Milk mixture, 3rd layer= Jell-O, 4th layer= Milk mixture, 5th layer= Jell-O, 6th layer= Milk mixture, 7th layer= Jell-O.
- Cut into smallish rectangles (it's finger food).