Recipe by LAURIE
Impressive and super simple salad. Prep time includes chilling time. Ready Set Cook, could not be easier! Double the dressing if you like more on your salad, and if too thick use cream either 1/2 and 1/2 or whipping cream to thin the dressing.
- 1 head lettuce, torn in bit sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 6 -8 radishes, sliced
- 2 -3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 3 -4 asparagus spears, diced
- 1⁄2 carrot, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 2 cups crabmeat (about 12 oz)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a tall glass bowl like a trifle bowl for the total effect of the layers.
- Start layering first the lettuce then in order of the ingredients ending with the crab.
- Mix dressing ingredients together except for the pecans.
- Cover and chill each separately for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with the dressing drizzled over the whole salad and garnished with sprinkled pecans.