Great make-ahead, lemon no bake dessert. As the dessert refrigerates overnight, the wafers sofen and absorb the milk. From Kraft Canada. Do not use low fat products; the result will not be the same. Time includes overnight refrigeration time. Posted exactly as written on Kraft Canada website. Please read the review from 2 Blue for helpful tips on can sizes and lemon juice.
- Grate zest from 1 lemon; set aside.
- Cut both lemons in half; squeeze to measure 7 Tablespoons juice.
- Mix condensed milk and evaporated milk in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring with fork after each addition until well blended. Mixture will thicken to a soft custard-like consistency.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Line the bottom of an 8x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Arrange 6 wafers on bottom of the pan, trimming if necessary for a snug fit.
- Cover with 1 cup milk mixture, spreading to completely cover wafers.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with remaining wafers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold onto plate just before serving.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of dessert.