1/4 Photos of Layered Citrus Dessert
12 hrs 20 mins
Great make-ahead, lemon no bake dessert. As the dessert refrigerates overnight, the wafers sofen and absorb the milk. From Kraft Canada. Do not use low fat products; the result will not be the same. Time includes overnight refrigeration time. Posted exactly as written on Kraft Canada website. Please read the review from 2 Blue for helpful tips on can sizes and lemon juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate zest from 1 lemon; set aside.
- 2Cut both lemons in half; squeeze to measure 7 Tablespoons juice.
- 3Mix condensed milk and evaporated milk in a small bowl.
- 4Add lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring with fork after each addition until well blended. Mixture will thicken to a soft custard-like consistency.
- 5Stir in lemon zest.
- 6Line the bottom of an 8x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 7Arrange 6 wafers on bottom of the pan, trimming if necessary for a snug fit.
- 8Cover with 1 cup milk mixture, spreading to completely cover wafers.
- 9Repeat layers twice.
- 10Cover with remaining wafers.
- 11Refrigerate overnight.
- 12Unmold onto plate just before serving.
- 13Spread Cool Whip over top of dessert.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Citrus Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 253.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g