Recipe by LAURIE
Quick to do Taco Salad with homemade Guacamole. This one is really really good and another great way to use up leftover chicken. Times do not include chilling.
Top Review by newspapergal
A great weeknight meal. I baked my chicken one night, then assembled the salad the next morning for that night's meal. DH really enjoyed. I used lime juice instead of lemon in the guac layer, and I left out tomatoes as they are WAY out of season here ;) A great way to use leftover chicken. We topped ours with salsa and served with corn tortilla chips. :)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pit removed and mashed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ripe sliced ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, taco seasoning mix and water.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Make guacamole by mixing well; avocados, sour cream, salsa, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- In a 2-quart glass bowl layer; lettuce, tomato, green onions, chicken mixture, guacamole, olives and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with corn chips before serving.